Former Waveney MP, Bob Blizzard, who lost by just 769 votes in 2010, is to fight the seat again at the next election. He has been overwhelmingly selected as Labour’s candidate by local party members
“So many local people have told me they want to see me back as their MP,” said Bob. “I’m keen to stand again and I’m asking people to actively support my campaign."
UNDER THE TORY/LIBDEM GOVERNMENT THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE IN WAVENEY:
- Unemployment is on the rise again, and long term youth unemployment was up 84% last year. There are now 8 people chasing every vacancy. With Labour, unemployment fell from 11.5% to 3% and stayed at that level for six years. We need a plan for jobs and growth.
- The government is forcing our local NHS to cut £50m from its £400m budget. The James Paget is having to cut £20m, and 54 nursing posts have been left unfilled. The number of patients waiting more than 18 weeks for treatment has risen 143% since May 2010. But £15.5m is being wasted on the government’s reorganisation of the NHS which will prepare the way for privatisation. We need to protect our NHS.
- Pensioners have seen their Winter Fuel Allowance cut by £50 (£100 cut for over 80s) just when gas and electric bills are soaring
WAVENEY DESERVES BETTER
We should fight for a third crossing for Lowestoft, not be fobbed off with a pointless footbridge – a waste of £6 million.
- We should make sure our children have the standards they deserve in existing schools. Instead, millions are to be spent on Beccles ‘Free School’ that has only attracted interest from a few parents - £millions wasted
- We should promote our area as a centre for renewable energy to bring us jobs and prevent rising sea levels – instead of being designated by the government as the ONLY place in Britain for oil tanker transfers at sea. A real threat to our tourism industry – could cost us millions
- We should support our police and not make 20% funding cuts, with a loss of police officers which will lead to rising crime again. We had record police numbers with Labour and crime fell by 35%
We should LISTEN to local people. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.
TO WIN AGAIN I NEED YOUR HELP
The Tories spent millions to win last time. We only have our own efforts. If you support me, please can you register as a supporter, and:
- Endorse me
Volunteer to help deliver leaflets in your area and help contact other voters
- Make a small donation to the campaign
- Join the campaign on Facebook