"The government is forcing our local NHS to cut £50m from its £400m budget. The James Paget is having to cut £20m, and 54 nursing posts have been left unfilled. The number of patients waiting more than 18 weeks for treatment has risen 143% since May 2010. But £15.5m is being wasted on the government’s reorganisation of the NHS which will prepare the way for privatisation. We need to protect our NHS."
The NHS is a top priority for Labour and we will always support it.
The Tories used to say that too – but that was before the election.
They promised to protect the NHS.
- David Cameron promised: "We will guarantee that health spending increases in real terms, in each year of the Parliament"
- David Cameron promised: "We will stop the top-down re-organisations of the NHS that have got in the way of patient care"
- David Cameron promised: "I will protect frontline services"
Sign up to hold David Cameron to his promises to "Protect the NHS", and:
- Protect frontline NHS services
- Stop precious NHS money being wasted on a big top-down reorganisation which is putting the NHS at risk
- Provide the real increase he promised in NHS funding
Bob's related posts:
- "HEALTH CUTS ARE AFFECTING PATIENT CARE AT LOCAL HOSPITAL"
- "FORMER WAVENEY MP WADES INTO JAMES PAGET HOSPITAL ROW"
"LETTER TO THE JOURNAL ON JPH PERFORMANCE"
- "NURSES AND DOCTORS TELL NHS CAMPAIGN ABOUT WARD CLOSURE AT LOWESTOFT HOSPITAL"
Call on the Government to Drop the Bill
The Government is planning the biggest re-organisation of the NHS since it began in 1948.
It is unnecessary, unwanted, wasteful and damaging – and threatens to end the NHS as we know it. Only last year, the Government promised people they wouldn’t do it. Many thousands of people have already called on the Government to stop.
But they are ploughing on, ignoring public and professional opinion, out of touch with Britain. We need to make the Government listen before it's too late.